Event Sales Manager
The Events Coordinator will report to the Event Sales Manager, and will be responsible for the administration and coordination of events at the Racecourse. The ideal candidate will be adequately familiar with all aspects of our services and products in order to advise clients appropriately and upsell where possible. It will be the Events Coordinator’s role to liaise between the client and the rest of the Brighton Racecourse team in order to make sure events are run to plan.
- Organise the administration of bookings ensuring all necessary details have been received, invoices have been sent and payment has been received well before the event date.
- Respond to telephone and/or email enquiries when needed, generating proposals and upselling where possible. Product knowledge is essential.
- Before a booking is confirmed, liaise with the appropriate team member to ensure all details have been obtained from the customer in terms of catering requirements, room layout, additional staff resource etc.
- Once a booking has been confirmed by the Event Sales Manager, you will supply correct information in the form of detailed function sheets to ensure the Catering and Operations team will deliver the event successfully.
- Once a week, you will attend the events Function Sheet meeting along with the Event Sales Manager and head them yourself when required.
- Communicate with the Event Sales Manager if any additional charges need to be applied after the contract has been signed in order to maintain an accurate log of costs in Event Master for each event.
- Conduct competitor analysis reviews as and when required.
- Attend the weekly Commercial Meeting lead by the Commercial Manager or Executive Director to update colleagues on enquiries, share ideas and develop commercial strategies.
- Attend weekly 1-2-1’s with the Event Sales Manager to review your achievements, discuss any issues and plan for the following week.
- Assist the Senior Racing Executive with any racing hospitality administration in busy periods.
- Learn the correct phone procedures to excel in the company mystery shopper targets.
- Call existing bookers to upsell pre-booked products or packages and check final details.
- Conduct show rounds for prospective clients in order to showcase the venue when required.
- Keep all paperwork, email logs, invoices and information for each event organised in a systematic way.
- Help achieve sales targets and key performance indicators.
- Contribute ideas to the creation and implementation of an effective sales and marketing plan.
- Attend & participate in any internal and external meetings as appropriate.
- Recognise opportunities to maximise revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Any other special duties or work outside the daily and weekly routines, but within the overall scope of the position.
- To comply with all Health and Safety procedures associated with the department at all times. This relates to:
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices
- The completion of risk assessments
- COSHH regulations
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Product control and waste minimisation
- Proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- Using towels in appropriate quantity to minimise unnecessary laundering
- Proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- Minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Financial performance.
- Response to and compliance with requests from Manager with regard to deadlines.
- Client feedback.
- Successful working relationships with staff and promotion of positive and motivated attitude through example.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent (desirable but not essential).
- Strong computer and administrative skills.
- Proven track record of organisational skills.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the events industry.
- xperience in consumer care within corporate markets essential.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communicator/telephone manner.
- Works well under periods of pressure.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Strategic thinker.
- High level of negotiating and influencing skills.
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Extremely organised, systematic and process driven.
Hours of Work:
- 40 per seven day week.
- Flexibility toward week-end and evening working is a pre-requisite of this employment.