Stable Manager (Part Time Position)
Clerk of the Course
Reporting to the Clerk of the Course (or in his absence the Head Groundsman), the Stables Manager will be responsible for managing all maintenance, preparation and presentation of the racecourse stables. This is a part time role (April – October).
Responsibilities and accountabilities
The Stables Manager is responsible and accountable for ensuring:
- To take full responsibility for:
- The Stables
- The Stables surrounds
- The Stables office
- To ensure that the above are maintained to the highest possible standards of safety and presentation.
- Start work at 7am each raceday morning (22 meetings, April – October), leaving once the last horse has left the Stable Yard.
- Ensure the stables have been cleaned out to a high standard after a race meeting and everything is prepared for the next raceday (especially that the overnight boxes are ready as night security will be present).
- To continually review working practices in each area, challenging historic practices and looking for improved methods of work.
- To ensure that casual stable staff (if required) work to high and precise standards, continually improving attention to detail and care of the stables in general.
- To ensure that each item of equipment used within the stables is maintained and any faults reported.
- To ensure that problems found in any of the above areas, are either dealt with and resolved immediately or reported to the Clerk of the Course or the Operations Manager.
- To ensure that all Racecourse Stables regulations are complied with.
- In relation to all BHA General Instructions
- The Racecourse Licence
- To liaise with the Clerk of the Course on ordering of stables materials (bedding etc…)
- To be aware of all Health & Safety Procedures and Risk Assessments associated with the department.
- To carry out any other tasks occasionally requested by the Clerk of the Course or Head Groundsman.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
- Write and sign orders up to the value of £100
- Any casual staff used to clean the stable areas must be insured to work on the premises.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Continually striving to improve the presentation of the Stable Yard and its surrounds on a timely and on-going basis.
- Service to internal and external customers.
- Preparation and implementation of methodical plans regarding the general maintenance /presentation of the Stable Yard.
- The maintenance and upkeep of an asset register for all estates equipment.
- Compliance with all BHA General Instructions, Racing Licence and Health & Safety regulations.
Excellent pay and conditions.
George Hill (Clerk of the Course) firstname.lastname@example.org